Friday, February 21, 2014

Titusville

From Jose

As you all know, Matilda's loss has occupied my mind for the past month or so, and this blog has reflected that. Thank you all for your fantastic support during this difficult time. Matilda will always be in a very special place in my heart. But I need to get back to writing about the trip. The show must go on, it's just not going to be the same show as before. I was very tempted to cancel the remainder of the trip and head straight to Kanab. But I finally decided to to contntine with an abbreviated trip, not stopping as much or staying as long in any one place.

After I picked up Matilda's ashes I continued North, retracing our steps. This gave us a chance to visit my friend Patty one more time.  As you might recall when we left Patty she was going into the hospice home.  She was there about a week and now she was back home. They adjusted her meds in such a way that now she was feeling much better. She was smiling, laughing and being the Patty I remembered. We did not stay long this time and left happier than last time, knowing that Patty was feeling a lot better.

From Sebring we headed to the Titusville area where many of my former colleagues still live. Swinging near St Cloud we stopped to say hello to Diane Smith, my brother Cris' friend. Even on short notice she prepared us a delicious lunch and then we hung out in her warm and cozy home, arching up on the latest news in her life.  She recently retired from Disney and is adjusting to retired live very nicely.

We then went to the Titusville area to visit my former coworker Beth and her dogs Murphee,  Patch and Zack.  Murphee is almost 17 years old. All 3 dogs are very smart Border Collies and Beth is very good at training them. We stayed at Beth's for a few days. While there we made a side trip to visit Cheryl and her two daughters Tasha and Hannah.

Last time I saw Hannah she was 9 years old, now she is 16. Big difference. She has a good head on her shoulders and a good study plan for high school and college. She wants to be a nurse and I'm sure she'll will go far. Tasha just got a great job in Atlanta doing research. A dream job. Two successful young ladies and one proud mama.

I also took another side trip to meet Dori, another coworker. I used to photograph Dori's daughters when they played soccer in school. Both daughters are all grown up.

Beth took us to DeLand, FL to see the Southeastern Border Collie Rescue.  As you might remember that is where I got Abe. He was the subject of the last two entries and I  not going to repeat that. After we left Titusville we headed for the Orlando area. That is a whole other story.

Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment