Wednesday, April 24, 2013

4/24/13

Today is the first anniversary of my back surgery.  Hard to believe. The surgery was a success, if not perfect. The doctor warned me before the surgery that this was not the final, total solution to my back problems, just a quick fix to relieve the pressure and get me going again. It got me back on my feet and made this trip possible.

Since last entry we spent a few days in Half Moon Bay.  This is a very quaint town, not too touristy, although tourism is its main industry.  They have some great restaurants and bakeries.  The pie in the picture is real.

Then we went to Antioch to visit a former coworker and her family. (Yes, we bypassed San Francisco).They were all happy to see us and made our visit very enjoyable. A delicious home-cooked meal renewed our strength.

In Santa Rosa i intended to visit California Carnivores, where they sell Venus Flytrap and other carnivorous  plants.  But when I got there I found out it is only open Thursday through  Saturday.  I should have called ahead. Duh! I might backtrack later and try again.

I also visited the national headquarters of Canine Companions for Independence at the recommendation of my friend Patty. It is a big and beautiful campus. This is where they train dogs to be service dogs. Patty has one of their dogs. He helps her a lot.

So that is our progress.  We are still in California and probably will be for another couple of weeks. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Half Moon Bay is so gorgeous! Congratulations on your surgery anniversary--I know mine fixed me long ago. Enjoy the tall trees coming up and keep posting! We so envy you guys!

    ReplyDelete