Saturday, August 3, 2013

Being Aunts


A meeting of aunts was held in Kalispell, Montana - it was a small group - just me and Jane (well, Jose too, but he's not an aunt!).  Now Jane is Jody's younger sister, and I met her just once about 10 years ago when Jody and my brother Mike married in upper state NY.  Yet despite the time and distance, I was welcomed with open arms, a big hug, and tenderness.  Jane after all is an aunt with a big heart, and we've shared much loss - family is precious to us.  For me, hanging with and talking to my nieces and nephew (the only one at that!), even if it's mostly over Facebook, is important to me and is the closest I'll get to being a mom - except for being a cat/dog mom!  And I hope they know I love them to pieces even though there is much geographical distance between us.  So hanging with Jane was special because not only is she an awesome aunt, she is a cool person.

And, she has a great Golden named Lucy!  Lucy was welcoming as well to not just me and Jose but also to Matilda and Maguire.  She invited them into her yard and let them inspect the inside of her house and was overjoyed to run with them round and round the fenced-in yard that encircles her house.  There were no spats, and everyone got along really well.

Thanks, Jane, fir such warm hospitality and for taking us to The Docks for fabulous burgers and the spectacular view of the north side of Flathead Lake!



No comments:

Post a Comment