Saturday, August 17, 2013

Yes, you CAN be in two places at once!

Wow! It's been almost a month since I've made an entry to the blog.  Jose already did a nice job recapping the time spent in Fargo so I will only add a couple of highlights:

First of all, some areas of north Dakota and Minnesota are so intertwined that you really have to keep on your toes to avoid being in a state of confusion!   Okay,  corny I know!   Amusingly enough,  I swear that I detected major annoyance and near hysteria from the GPS when several times a day she repeated: "crossing state border! "  If she could use profanities, I wouldn't have put it past her.


If you ever go to Fargo,  the FM Visitor Center is well worth a stop as it has the infamous woodchipper from the movie of the same name.  Also there's a small walk of fame that surrounds a replica of the chipper outside.   Many artists have visited,  the most interesting of all in my opinion is all the band members of Jethro Tull!





Right across the border in Moorhead, Minnesota is the fabulously inspirational Hjemkomst Center.  The documentary will bring tears to your eyes and make you applaud and cheer.  Here is a link with dvd title and purchase information.



Finally,  there are gorgeous bike paths galore in North Dakota and Minnesota.  The Red River intersects Fargo and Moorhead and there are several bridges that take you from one state to the other in a matter of seconds.  These towns are literally a stone's throw across the river from one another!   I took one day and biked the Fargo side which is a meandering wooded path that starts in Lindenwood Park and brings you to downtown.   6 miles round trip.  What a wonderful afternoon it was...and naturally, I crossed the bridges a couple of times just for fun.
Cool artwork in downtown Fargo







Once we got the new truck tires for the NTRPRZ, we were ready to cross the state border into Minnesota for good this time.  I am getting really anxious to hit the east coast with every mile we travel now.  So close!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Buffalo art! Sorry I got behind! Maguire looks adorable on his Diane powered transport vehicle!

    ReplyDelete