Monday, January 27, 2014

Carmel Junction

From Jose

A few blog entries back I related some stories about Matilda. I asked my awesome brother Cris to share a story of him and Matilda. This is what he wrote:

------------------------------

It is my pleasure to write a little note about a wonderful dog that won our hearts with her dynamism and playfulness.

One afternoon camping at the Junction I started climbing a hill with many trees. Matilda followed me and checked on me occasionally. As I went up I didn't see Matilda for a while so I called her a few times without response. I wondered where she was.To my surprise I looked to the top of the hill and... There she was wiggling her tail welcoming me, making my climb more interesting.

I have never had pets, but now I know how one can fall in love with one of these selfless four legged companions! Thanks Matilda for the memories.

------------------------------
Back to Jose

The picture has a story also.  I sent this picture to my niece, Cris' daughter, who I got Matilda from. When she first saw the picture she thought it was strange that Matilda was behind my brother.  Then she looked carefully and noticed that they were coming down and Matilda is in front, which is more like Matilda.

Thanks Cris for the cool story. And thanks Maria for giving me five fantastic years with  my doggie soulmate.

1 comment: