Saturday, January 25, 2014

Cremains

From Jose

I picked up Matilda's ashes ("cremains"). That finally brought home the fact that she's not coming back. She was the most amazing dog I've ever known and I will never stop missing her. I don't want to.

Before I started this trip Lenny and Brenda were my neighbors. I knew Lenny gave treats to the dogs across the fence (left to right Eclipse, Matilda and Maguire). Eclipse crossed in December of 2012 and Maguire does not care for treats that much.  But Matilda woke up before me every morning and went outside to wait for her treats from Uncle Lenny. They had a special relationship of their own. Lenny made this montage of pictures he took of her. Huge thanks to Lenny for loving my girl and making her life more interesting.

I'd like to hear your opinions whether I should get another dog and when.

Stay tuned 

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet beautiful girl! The right canine companion will come along at the right time and the two of you will know each other right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, whimzykat for your kind words. Matilda is so smart and knows me so well that I know she will send me a great dog at the right time.

    ReplyDelete