Monday, May 27, 2013

Rain is not always wet

We headed inland to visit our friend and neighbor Dave and his dog, Rain, who recently moved (me and Rain below) from Kanab to Bend, Oregon.  It was so awesome to see them both doing so well in their new home!  I do have to apologize to Dave for taking a photo of Rain while he ran in to get coffee from the shop behind us and neglecting to get a photo with him. Sorry Dave - you know we love you too!

Bend is a nice little spot that used to be mill town.  They've done an awesome job reviving it into a nice river community where bikers,  kayakers and dogs are aplenty.   the skies are gorgeous and the rain falls lightly off and on. It is Oregon remember!   As they say, only tourists carry umbrellas.

As you can see, it was very windy near the water, but a Pole, Paddle,  Pedal event taking place energized everyone and the fun and excitement overshadowed clouds, wind and raindrops.  I felt an overwhelming sense of really being alive!

The REI store also perked us up a bit as well!  Been living in the country too long!

Said so long to Dave and Rain and as we got back on the road I had a sudden longing to return to Sisters; Jose was agreeable so we headed back and ended up staying in a cool site for two nights.  I discovered a lodge and spa within walking distance and decided to pampered myself taking an afternoon for a long overdue massage.

On the road to Sisters,  we drove by a restored covered wagon for sale and I thought what a cool idea for a Sisters on the Fly camper!  So the day we left we backtracked about 5 miles and found it again.  Photos are below, but that's all I drove away with because the price was $19,000!  Thanks but I'll find something much cheaper in a farmer's field onward of these days...but it was pretty unique.

1 comment:

  1. I love the wagon! I know how to drive a team of Belgians.... just saying...

    ReplyDelete