Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Jenny, I Got Your #...


Months ago via Facebook, Jenny and I talked about getting together when I got to Washington.  About a month or so ago, Bill, her dad, says, " make sure you look up Jenny when you get to Washington; I'll get her phone number to you." ME: "Oh, yes, planning on it, Mr. Bill."  Never got her phone# - however, there IS Facebook so we began to communicate that way.







[ Vashon Island route map ]When we reached Maria's house in Bremerton, Jenny and I texted several times to make plans.  Simple, right?  Well, if you check out the ferry routes to the right, you will see that it's not as easy as it sounds...
Maria lives in Bremerton, Jenny lives south of West Seattle and works in Vashon Island which is accessible by a quick ferry from either Southworth or Fauntleroy, depending on if you're traveling inbound or outbound.
And, neither of us have a car!  It would have taken much finagling, ferry hopping, etc., but the timing worked where Jenny was able to access a friend's car.










And, FINALLY, we connect in Seattle at the waterfront Starbucks happy to hear each other's actual voices and see each other for big hugs!  It was so awesome to see her, but WAY too brief.  I'll just have to come back and spend a lot more time!

Bye-bye Seattle!  Till next time...















SPECIAL NOTE:  At 4 AM the day after Jenny and I finalized our plans, Bill sent me a simple text message: "phone#   Jenny".  Love ya, Mr. Bill, but you literally missed the boat by one day on this one!  :)

2 comments: